OK, here we are again at the beginning of another new year. Every 12 months it’s the same for me, I make some resolutions…some are kept; some are not (OK, most are not!). But this year is different! Yes, I hear you pessimists in the background mumbling about the same lame excuse and justification…but really, 2012 is different.
How so? I’m making an entire list of resolutions…here we go!
- I will update my blog regularly. I now have a book out there and people may actually want to read periodic ramblings from my demented brain.
- I will get back in the gym. Actually, never left of my own accord; surgery last October put me down for a few months.
- I will read a book a week. Not all that hard unless my ADHD is kickin’ in.
- I will keep my email inbox clean. Nothing pisses me off more than 200 emails left unread in my inbox. But of course my procrastination leads to the overflow…which in turn pisses me off even more!
- I will tweet. ’nuff said.
- I will live within my budget. Fat chance, but I’m putting it in writing anyway.
- I will cleanse my Facebook friends list, and put more thought into who I let in.
- I will drive my econobox car more and leave the Earth-destroying SUV in the garage (notice I’m not selling the damn thing…baby steps)
- I will read my daily message from a spiritual source. No clever line here…still wary of personal Armageddon.
- I will begin another book. It’s long overdue.
So, there we have it, not one but 10 full resolutions. My goal is to stick to as many as possible – how’s that for non-committal?
Have a happy, safe and productive 2012…we’ll see you back here soon!