OK, after the first Presidential debate, and especially after last night’s “Bicker-fest”, I have come up with a better way to choose the leader of the free world (however, I do admit I had to look away a few times last night and watch “American Dad”, just to regain some of my sanity).
If I were King of the World – This is how it would work:
- The parties select their candidates…nothing changes here except, there are no campaigns, no commercials, no signs, etc. Each candidate writes his or her plan and registered party members READ them to form their views and ideas for leadership on categories such as the economy, foreign relations, social programs, energy, land management, homeland defense, and many others.
- These registered party members then cast their votes for the party’s representative, based solely on the qualifications, background and plans written by the candidates.
- The chosen candidates from each party then fully write their plan for the next six (6) years in office. That’s it, no re-election you get ONE six-year stint to make a difference.
- These plans contain all the necessary information a voter would need to make a decision. Background, qualifications, who their cabinet members would be and their qualifications; along with the full six-year plan on how they will lead this once great country.
- Registered voters would be able to read these plans up to six months before the election and the plans would be available in a variety of formats, print, online, audio for those who cannot see. One caveat, if you can see and can’t read….tough shit – you have no right or the proper background to vote in a leader that you and I share.
- On voting day you prove your registration and cast your vote.
Gone are the negative arguments, misinformation and spins that further divide an already divisive country. Gone are the massive media buys that do NOTHING for the economy. In their place are ads for products and services that re-stimulate our economy. Gone are the wasted signs, posters, placards that clutter my neighborhood and yours. Gone are the votes based on fear, humiliation and plain misinformation.
This content is solely a product of the BrandedBlogger and I approve this message!
Leave a Reply